Effective waste management is a crucial part of our sustainability efforts.
- Waste segregation: We have implemented a comprehensive waste segregation system at our event, with clearly labeled bins for recyclables, compostables, and general waste. We encourage attendees to properly dispose of their waste and provide clear instructions and signage to facilitate this process.
- Stop using single-use plastic
- We have completely stopped the use of single-use plastic disposables at our food trucks and crew catering. They will now only use biodegradable disposable utensils.
- Additionally, we have switched to reusable hard cups and said goodbye to RPET cups. By transitioning to reusable hard cups, we significantly reduce the amount of waste that would otherwise be produced. These cups can be used again and again, helping us reduce our ecological footprint and minimize our impact on the environment.
The three R’s:
- Verknipt has made the switch very early from offline to online marketing. Currently, 95% of our marketing materials are already online. Additionally, we ensure that our offline marketing materials are often universal, allowing for reuse and therefore we reduce paper waste and single use prints
- Universal signage: Since 2019 we aim to have only universal signage and bords on our outdoor and indoor events. Since 2023 we will have universal signing for both indoor and outdoor events combined. This includes universal price lists for merchandise, bars, price lists, shuttle bus signs, directional signage, information points, safety instructions, house rules, etc. Reducing the need for multiple sets of signage. This approach promotes efficiency and minimizes waste.
- Decoration: We decreased the use of new materials and aim to reuse as much decor as possible. We will increasingly opt for sustainable and environmentally friendly materials, such as recycled props or natural elements, to prevent unnecessary waste production.
- Digital marketing: Prioritize digital marketing and communication tools instead of paper flyers or brochures.
- Using refillable water sacks for crew instead of water bottles: From 2023 Verknipt will implement refillable water sacks instead of handing out water bottles to crew for the build up and break down. The material is BPA free and therefore safe to reuse long term. All crew will be informed in their briefing and encouraged to bring your own water bottle or use the reusable water sacks. The watersacks can be adjusted to your bag or clothing. This way we are cutting down single use plastic on the workfloor and fighting water waste.
- Hard cups: During our indoor events, we are taking a major step towards sustainability by implementing hard cups. These reusable cups replace the previous RPET cups. These hard cups are made from sustainable materials and can be used repeatedly, significantly reducing waste at our event.
- Cup & Coin: This incentive is committed to keeping the Venue as clean as possible by collecting all hard cups and bottles. Visitors can return their empty cups to the mobile collection points or the recycle stations where visitors have the opportunity to return hard cups or bottles in exchange for recycle tokens. This system reduces the number of discarded hard cups and minimizes the environmental impact. They also provide information to visitors about the recycling system. To enhance this incentive Verknipt holds multiple possibilities to win prizes at the event by handing in your hardcup at the end of the event for your recycle coin. Each coin has an unique code and with the code you can win a prize. The recycle coins are 100% made of recycled materials and will be recycled again after the event.
- Donation and reuse: Items that are still in good condition but no longer needed, such as event decorations or equipment, are donated to local organizations or reused for future events to minimize waste.
“We aim to reuse as much as possible. We are committed to minimizing waste generation and maximizing recycling and reuse opportunities at our events.”